The Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel debuts ‘Tap Takeover Thursdays’
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The Fountain Lounge, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel’s signature in-house restaurant and bar, invites locals and visitors alike to stop in on Thursdays to indulge in their favorite local beers – on tap! The libations will be paired with signature po-boys to complement each brew’s unique flavor. Tap Takeover Thursdays begins this Thursday, April 4.
Each month, the Fountain Lounge will partner with a local brewery and feature a different local beer. NOLA Brewing Company’s Revivalists Pale Ale is the first to be featured. A portion of the profits from the beer sales will benefit The Roots of Music, a local nonprofit that offers after-school academic tutoring and music mentoring.
The featured po-boy offered alongside this month’s Pale Ale is the Half & Half: a crispy fried shrimp and gulf oyster po-boy dressed with crystal aioli, hot house tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.
“We’re excited to kick off this promotion with a charitable aspect,” said Director of Outlets Justin Sugerman. “It’s our 125th anniversary this year at the hotel, and we strongly believe in preserving our heritage, especially through the arts. We know how much locals love our regional breweries and thought Tap Takeover Thursdays would be a great opportunity to showcase that love. We added po-boy pairings to round out the quintessential New Orleans dining experience.”
In addition to Tap Takeover Thursdays, The Roosevelt New Orleans is delighted to serve Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken every Monday at $18.93 per person, a Burgers & Bubbles menu every Tuesday night, and ½ off bottles of wine and charcuterie boards for Wine Down Wednesdays. The hotel is also celebrating its 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 cocktails will be sold.
- Historic Giveback Campaign: The hotel is inviting guests to return items they’ve collected from the hotel over the years – no questions asked – to be displayed in the hotel lobby. Those who submit will be entered to win a stay at the hotel valued at over $15,000. Details available here.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday during the summer. A variety of foods will be offered, as well as access to the pool—usually reserved for guests.
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened. Menu available here.