Tour de Jefferson 2021
Important Registration Notes:
- Online Registration will close on Monday, May 10th, 2021 at 12 PM CT.
- You are be able to register in-person at packet pick-up on Friday, May 14th and Saturday, May 15th without incurring additional fees.
- All registration rates listed below will increase by $10 for day-of registration on Sunday, May 16th. T-Shirts are not guaranteed with day-of registration. You must arrive by 7 AM to register at the event.
2021 Routes Map
View the 2021 Route Maps on Strava: 2021 Athlete Waiver
2021 Ride Guide
Social Distancing & Masks will be REQUIRED at the following locations:
No Mask - No Ride | No Helmet - No Ride | No Bib - No Ride
-Rider Check-In / Breakfast Snack Area
-Finish Line Refreshments
Whether you're super experienced, or you just bought your family bikes in the last 6 months, we know you're itching to get out for a day of perfect roads, sunshine, and cool crisp air.
We're thrilled to offer the cycling community a fun, safe, and family-friendly event this Spring! Celebrating its 15th year, Tour de Jefferson is a unique way to experience the scenery of Louisiana's heartland! This event is a social ride for cycling enthusiasts of all experience levels through Jefferson Parish. The goal of this ride is to continually enhance the awareness of quality-of-life amenities, recreational venues, and the Bicycle Master Plan in Jefferson Parish.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHILE RIDING?
We ask you to wear masks during the ride line-up while everyone is in the same area. Once you are out on the route with adequate space between you and fellow riders, you will be able to take your mask off. Since these roads allow us to create multiple route options with plenty of space between participants, it is our hope that you will be able to enjoy the majority of the ride without having to wear a mask. Of course, we do ask that you use caution and that you wear one if you are approaching an area with a large group of cyclists. Thank you!
TOP TEN TOUR DE JEFFERSON RULES
- All participants must have a bib to participate, regardless of age. If you are caught on the route without a bib on, you will be pulled from the course.
- The ride will start at 7:30 AM SHARP. All participants must arrive by 7:00 AM in order to participate
- Police coverage on the route will start at 7:30 AM and end at 11 AM
- ALL riders must be off the road by 11 AM at the latest
- It is the rider's responsibility to choose the route that is a best-fit for their experience level. Please select a route that you can complete in under 3.5 hours
- All adult participants must sign their own waiver in order to receive their rider packet
- Riders between the ages of 0 and 17 must provide a waiver signed by a parent or guardian in order to ride
- All riders must wear a helmet, regardless of age
- Recipe for Success: Pre-Register - Sign Your Waiver - Pick Up Your Bib + Wear it the Whole Event - Arrive by 7 AM - Pick a Route That's Right for You.
- Have Fun!
Drone Footage & Video Production Credit: Uprooted Pictures
Date and Time
Sunday May 16, 2021
5:30 AM - 11:30 AM CDT
Sunday, May 16, 2021
5:30 AM - 7:00 AM - Day-Of Registration & Packet Pick-Up
7:30 AM - Tour de Jefferson Ride Begins
11:00 AM - Police Coverage on all TDJ Routes ENDS; All cyclists off road
11:30 AM - Event Ends
Please choose one of the following packet pick-ups to attend. We will provide waivers for you to sign at the pick-up location. If you plan to pick up another rider's packet, you must bring a hard copy of their signed waiver. (Click here to download the 2021 waiver)
You will have the option to register at packet pick-up, but we strongly encourage registering beforehand to keep the process quick.
- Friday, May 14 | 12 PM - 6 PM - Adam's Bicycle World - 701 Jefferson Hwy, Jefferson, LA 70121
- Saturday, May 15 | 1 - 4 PM | Estelle Playground - 5801 Leo Kerner, Lafitte Parkway, Marrero, LA 70072
- Sunday, May 16 | 5:30 - 7 AM | Estelle Playground - 5801 Leo Kerner, Lafitte Parkway, Marrero, LA 70072 - NOTE: This option is listed as a convenience for participants that are traveling to the event. If you live within reasonable driving distance to the other packet pick-up locations, we kindly ask that you utilize those to keep lines shorter on event day. Thank you!
2021 Riders choose from FOUR routes:
11 Miles | 19.7 Miles | 31 Miles | 50 Miles
Start + Finish at Estelle Playground (Adjacent to Parc des Familles on the Westbank of Jefferson Parish)
The more the merrier - pets, kids, and krewe! Bikes, Bike Trailers, Child Seats, and Dog Trailers Allowed.
Parking + Tour de Jefferson Start & End:
Estelle Playground (Adjacent to Parc des Familles on the Westbank of Jefferson Parish)
5801 Leo Kerner, Lafitte Parkway
Marrero, LA 70072
Important Registration Notes:
General Admission Includes: Rider Entry, 2021 TDJ T-shirt, Participant Bib + Bike # + Helmet #, JPSO Route Coverage, Finish Line Refreshments, Light Breakfast Snacks.
*Day-Of Registrants are NOT guaranteed a T-Shirt
Calling All Military, First Responders, Police Officers, Students!
We are pleased to offer Military, First Responders, & Police a 20% discount on registrations for the Tour de Jefferson. If you qualify and would like to register, please enter the code COMMUNITY21 at checkout.
*If you register with this code to register, you must provide one of the following forms of verification at packet pick-up to get your bib #. If you use this discount code, and you do not have one of the following as proof of service, you will be asked to pay the balance on your registration.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Valid Forms of Proof of Service:
Proceeds from this event will go towards Jefferson Chamber's efforts in public policy, advocacy and quality of life initiatives.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds due to rain, power outages, and other unforeseen conditions for this fundraiser. Should the event need to be canceled for any reason, every reasonable attempt will be made to reschedule. Should a date not be available, please keep in mind our events are fundraisers. No refunds will be given, and we invite participants to consider their ticket as a donation to the Jefferson Chamber.
Important Registration Notes: